Sunday, May 24, 2009

Pickle buckets & Pantyhose

Just a quick post to let everyone know that I picked up four 5-gallon pickle buckets from a Firehouse Sub shop nearby. They are now just beside the wagon that Laurie left for us to use., they are upside down as not to collect standing water. The lids are there as well to help contain the water as you wheel them out to your plot in the garden. I will take them home and store them for use next year (I'm hoping there will be a garden next year!?!) over the winter or donate them to the church if they would like to store them for use in the garden and/or another church project.

Also, I've read that women's nylons (aka pantyhose) make great ties for staking plants in the garden. So, if you have some old pairs of nylons laying around, try re-purposing it for staking your plants. I am required to wear nylons as part of my "uniform" for work (yes, the CEO refers to our business suits as a "uniform"), so I was excited since I have tons of old nylons and would love to re-use them if possible. I would suggest washing them before you use them to stake out your plants though :)

Desi

No comments:

Post a Comment